Cordyceps and Sexual Dysfunction
(1) Yang et al., 1985. "Treatment of sexual hypofunction with Cordyceps sinensis" Jiangxi Zhongyiyao 5:46-47. From the Abstracts of Chinese Medicines 1: 401.
(2) Dai, G., T. Bao & R. Cooper, 2001. "CordyMax CS-4 improves steady-state bio-energy status in mouse liver." Journal of Alternative Complementary Mecidine June; 7(3): 231-240.
(3) Hiyoshi, T., F. Mutsunori & F. Akasu, 1996. "Cordyceps sinensis effects on cardiopulmonary function of long-distance runners." Japanese Journal of Physical Fitness and Sports Medicine 45: 474.
(4) Stamets, P., 2002. MycoMedicinals: An Informational Treatise on Mushrooms, Olympia, Washington, U.S.A., MycoMedia Productions.
(5) Steinkraus, D.C. & J.B. Whitfield, 1994. "Chinese Caterpillar Fungus and World Records." American Entomologist Winter: 235-9.
(6) Pegler, D.N., Y.J. Yao & Y. Li, 1994. "The Chinese Caterpillar Fungus." The Mycologist 8:3-5.
(7) Naoki et al., 1994. "Pharmacological studies on Cordyceps sinensis from China." Abstracts from the Fifth Mycological Congress Vancouver, BC, August 14-21.
(8) Chiou, W.F., P.C. Chang, C.J. Chou & C.F. Chen, 2000. "Protein constituent contributes to hypotensive and vasorelaxant activities of Cordyceps sinensis." Life Sciences Feb 25; 66(14): 1369-76.
(9) Huang, Y.L., S.F. Leu B.C. Liu, C.C. Sheu, B.M. Huang, 2004. “In vivo stimulatory effect of Cordyceps sinensis mycelium and its fractions on reproductive functions in male mouse.” Life Sci. Jul 16;75(9):1051-62.
(10) Hsu, C.C., Y.L. Huang, S.J. Tsai, C.C. Sheu, B.M. Huang, 2003. “In vivo and in vitro stimulatory effects of Cordyceps sinensis on testosterone production in mouse Leydig cells." Life Sci. 2003 Sep 5;73(16):2127-36.
Please visit our sponsors via ads!
Back to top: Cordyceps Sexual Dysfunction Research References
|CHART - Mushrooms' Therapeutic Effect|
|INDEX - Mushrooms & Health Conditions|
|Please visit our sponsors via ads!|
Please note that the claims on this page and this web-site have not yet been verified by the FDA. We recommend that you consult a licensed medical practitioner before using any substance for medicinal purposes.
Credits: Thank you to Paul
Stamets for source material about fungi &