|Main Pages:||(135) Mizuno, T., H.
Ito, K. Shimura, T. Hagiwara & T. Nakamura, 1989.
"Preparation method of antitumor neutral polysaccharides
from Himematsutake." Japan Kokai Tokkyo Koho
(A), Sho64-67195, March 13, 565-568.
(136) Mizuno, T., H. Saito, T. Nishitoba & H. Kawagishi, 1995. "Antitumor active substances from mushrooms." Food Reviews International 111: 23-61. Marcel Dekker, New York.
(137) Kawagishi, H., A. Nomura, T. Yumen, T. Mizuno, T. Hagwara & T. Nakamura, 1988. "Isolation and properties of a lecithin from the fruiting bodies of Agaricus blazei." Carbohydrate Research Nov 15: 183(1): 150-4.
(138) Itoh, H., H. Ito, H. Amano & H. Noda, 1994. "Inhibitory action of a (1-->6)beta-D-glucan-protein complex (FIII-2-b) isolated from Agaricus blazei Murrill ("Himematsutake") on Meth A fibrosarcoma-bearing mice and its antitumor mechanism." Japanese Journal of Pharmacology Oct: (66) (2): 265-71.
(139) Ito, H., K. Shimura, H. Itoh, M. Kawade, 1997. "Antitumor effects of a new polysaccharide-protein complex (ATOM) prepared from Agaricus blazei (Iwade strain 101) "Himematsutake" and its mechanisms in tumor-bearing mice." Anticancer Research Jan-Feb 17(1A): 277-84.
(140) Fujimiya, Y., Y. Suzuki, K.I. Oshiman, H. Kobori, K. Moriguchi, H. Nakashima, Y. Matumoto, S. Takahara, T. Ebina & R. Katakura, 1998. "Selective tumoricidal effect of soluble proteoglucan extracted from the basidiomycete, Agaricus blazei Murrill, mediated via natural killer cell activation and apoptosis." Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy 46:147-159.
(141) Kawakami, S., K. Minato, T. Hashimoto, H. Ashida & M. Mizuno, 2002. "TNF-alpha and NO production from macrophages is enhanced through up-regulation of NF-kB by polysaccharides purified from Agaricus blazei Murrill." Proceedings of the 7th International Mycological Congress Oslo 11-17 August, pg. 55.
(142) Bankhead, C., 1999. "Mushrooms may play role in breast cancer prevention and treatment." Medicine Science News Dec. 10th.
(143) Mizuno, M., M. Morimoo, K. Minato & H. Tsuchida, 1998. "Polysaccharides from Agaricus blazei stimulate lymphocyte T-cell subsets in mice." Bioscience Biotechnology & Biochemistry Mar; 62(3):434-7.
(144) Osaki, Y., T. Kato, K. Yamamto, J. Okubo & T. Miyazaki, 1994. "Antimutagenic and bactericidal substances in the fruit body of Basidiomycete Agaricus blazei." Journal of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan May: 114(5): 342-50.
(145) Stijve, T., A. Pittet, D. Andrey, M.A.L. de Almeida Amazonas & W. Goessler, 2003. "Potential toxic constituents of Agaricus brasiliensis (A. blazei ss. Heinem.), as compared other cultivated and wild-growing edible mushrooms. Deutsche Lebensmittel-Rundschau 99: 475-481.
Please visit our sponsors via ads!
Back to top: Agaricus blazei
|CHART - Mushrooms' Therapeutic Effect|
|INDEX - Mushrooms & Health Conditions|
|Please visit our sponsors via ads!|
Please note that the claims on this page and this web-site have not yet been verified by the FDA. We recommend that you consult a licensed medical practitioner before using any substance for medicinal purposes.
Credits: Thank you to Paul
Stamets for source material about fungi &